Nah - not bored, really; just taking our first-born-soon-to-turn-18-my-God-how-old-does-that-make-me-
lookfeel-but-I-can-cope-fine-really off to Venice for her birthday. Better than going to
Foxton much? The
champagne is packed; the chocolate cake has been safely tucked out of Rosalie's reach; the
hotel has been booked; and the Pepimobile is full of diesel and ready to go. Expect a gazillion photos with which to clog up your inbox some time towards the end of the week ...
I am sure you won't be nearly as stupid as Marianne and I were in 1997 (gosh that's a very long time ago) when we went to Venice adn parked the car in the short term parking instead of long term parking lot. When we came to leave a week or so later we discovered a bill so enormous we contemplated ditching the car and running for it. Luckily Marianne (who was on "communication" while I was on "driving) managed to track down some nice Italian man and eventually made him to understand through lots of gesticulating, that we had made a terrible mistake and could we please pay teh long term rate and not the short term rate. I think we ended up paying a fictious 'medium term rate' and so were able to continue our adventures in Italy. I hope Camille has a lovely time - what a fab place for an 18th birthday. Love to you all. Allanah
ReplyDeleteGiven that this is my second attemopt to post something I guess it was a good thing that I didn;t settle on a career in IT. Tell Rosie that having to recite a peom in French would have seen me pull a sickie- for the year. She's a star. As for long division that will be useful in life. I'm still waiting to use my finely honed long divisions skills but I'm sure an opportunity to do so is just around the corner.
ReplyDeleteWe will make sure we have hidden our singstar when you return as I'm sure after a while they will need to wrestle that microphone out of your hand Richard.
All good here. Raph and the boys are well and we had a grt holiday seeing the whanau 4 Dad's 85th and swimming with dolphins at Hahei.
Hope Venice is a blast.
Hi to all
Tim
love the Foxton link! You might like to check out one of your nephew's favourite sites: 'stuff bogans like' - our answer to the fabulous 'stuff white people like'... Hope Venice was wonderful. Happy birthday Camille!
ReplyDeleteBarbs xxx